On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, in a massive operation conducted by operation vanguard personnel in the Mpohor and Prestea-Huni Valley in the western region arrested 20 Chinese citizens suspected of engaging in illegal mining.
Some of the heavy equipment used by these illegal miners were confiscated – five excavators, two generators, seven water pumps, and spare parts for excavators and action guns.
The suspects are currently detained by police in Abosso until the Ghana Immigration Service has been properly handed over to.
- [VIDEO]: NPP gurus set Kan Dapaah up – A Plus alleges
- [PHOTOS]: Somanya University to admit first students in September 2020
- Voters’ list – “The worst and inexperienced EC Commissioner” Ghana has ever had – Asiedu Nketia
- NDC just an easy target for Akyems – NDC National Organiser
- [Video]: Aisha Huang’s deportation was a mistake – Nana Addo
OTHER CONDUCTED OPERATIONS
Two other Chinese citizens were arrested by patrol steered within the Ntobroso area in the Atwima Mponua district on Monday along with Toyota pickups and other assorted mining equipment.
Operations carried out in the Abompe area in Fanteakwa District also arrested a Bissau-Guinean and 14 Ghanaian citizens suspected of being illegal miners.
All the foreign suspects have since been handed over to Ghana Immigration Service with the natives in the custody of several district police stations pending further action.